How to prepare for a storm
These are somethings to keep in mind when preparing for any type of storm.
- Insulate any water lines that run along exterior walls so your water supply will be less likely to freeze.
- Leave your faucet dripping.
- Repair any roof leaks or window leaks before the storm comes.
- If your using a fireplace, wood stove, or kerosene heater, install a smoke detector and a battery-operated carbon monoxide detector near the area to be heated. Test them monthly and replace batteries twice a year.
Make sure you have an emergency car kit incase you have to evacuate your premises.
- Cell phone, charger, portable charger
- Gas jug
- Flashlight & batteries
- First aid kit
- Tire Chains
- Water and snacks
The most important thing of all is make sure you have SERVPRO of Orangeburg's phone number handy just incase any mishaps 803.536.1285.